Are You a Good Candidate for LASIK?
If you wear glasses or contact lenses to correct your vision, you may be wondering if LASIK in Colorado Springs could provide you with the clear vison you’ve always wanted.
The truth is, only an experienced ophthalmologist can determine if your eyes are healthy enough for this procedure. Even if you have the same vision prescription as a friend, your eye anatomy may not be suitable for LASIK. Dr. Chang or Dr. Nelson at Skyline LASIK offers free, no-obligation, no-risk LASIK Consultations to identify all-laser LASIK candidates in Colorado Springs.
General Guidelines for Good LASIK Candidates
- You have been diagnosed with myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness) or astigmatism
- You are age 18 or older
- Your corneas are thick enough
- You do not have eye disease or eye problems
- Your vision prescription has been stable for at least one year
- You are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- You are overall healthy
- You do not have uncontrolled dry eye syndrome
- You understand the risks of LASIK
- You have realistic expectations for the outcome of surgery
- You want to reduce or eliminate the need for glasses or contacts
At Skyline LASIK we also offer a free online LASIK Self-Evaluation to help people take the first step toward LASIK.
With our free services, there is never any pressure to have the procedure: the Consultation and Self-Evaluation are simply resources to provide you with solid information about your own eye health so you can make your own informed decision about LASIK.
Sometimes candidates who aren’t good candidates for LASIK can benefit from LASIK alternatives such as photorefractive keratectomy (PRK). Different methods can produce the same end result as LASIK but be safer for certain patients.
To find out if LASIK is right for you, contact Skyline LASIK today at (719) 444-3000 or visit skylinelasik.com.