There is no singular type of LASIK procedure. At Skyline LASIK, we spend countless hours researching different types of LASIK technologies and investing in the methods we feel will provide our patients with the very best vision outcomes. Currently, we are proud to offer our patients the following blade-free, custom LASIK technologies in Colorado Springs:
- CONTOURA® Vision for incredible analysis and custom treatment of your cornea
- IntraLase™ femtosecond laser for precise corneal flap creation
- WaveLight® EX500 excimer laser for tailored corneal reshaping
We’ve taken personalized, customized LASIK to a whole new level with the introduction of CONTOURA Vision. This amazing topography-guided LASIK technology allows our doctors to analyze up to 22,000 data points on each eye, creating an extremely precise computerized map of each eye’s elevation points. It’s like a unique fingerprint of your eye, allowing our surgeons to know exactly what areas of your cornea need to be reshaped to achieve the sharpest vision possible.
Our IntraLase femtosecond laser allows us to provide 100% blade-free LASIK for a safer, faster, and more precise way to create the corneal flap (the first step in the LASIK procedure). This ultra-fast laser generates energy at a precise depth to separate corneal tissue and create a thin flap that can be gently folded back to allow access to the underlying corneal tissue. Benefits include:
- Accurate eye mapping technology
- Increased safety
- Quick visual recovery
- Reduced risk of dry eye
- Enhanced flap stability
- Better vision results
WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser
The Alcon WaveLight® EX500 excimer laser system is how we reshape your cornea to correct your exact level of nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. Here are some of the benefits of this technology:
- Personalized, precise treatment: the EX500 laser system uses digital 3D information about your own unique eye characteristics gathered during pre-operative testing to correct specific areas on your cornea.
- Safety – PerfectPulse Technology®: eye tracking technology is incorporated to compensate for any involuntary eye movements which halt the process entirely until the eye is in the correct position.
- Quickness and comfort: the process takes just minutes to complete so the process is comfortable for most patients.
- Results: most patients achieve better vision after treatment than what they had wearing glasses or contact lenses – often 20/20 vision or better. Our technology offers the creation of a unique fingerprint of your cornea to use for custom corneal reshaping.
Not all LASIK doctors in Colorado offer this level of technology. If you are considering LASIK in Colorado Springs, make sure you do your research and learn about the different types of FDA-approved LASIK technologies that exist, so that you can make an informed decision about which one is right for you.
Want to Explore our LASIK Options? Take Action!
Schedule a free LASIK consultation at Skyline LASIK today. Our doctors will assess your eye health and determine which of our vision correction technologies would be a safe and potentially life-changing procedure for you.